Construction of LDA approved Shahkam Flyover to be commenced soon
The management of Bahria Town had been putting great efforts to get the Shahkam Flyover approved by Lahore Development Authority (LDA). The master plan is ready and the construction work will start very soon.
This flyover is much needed. The project will facilitate a huge number of vehicles and the passengers throughout Defense Road and Canal Bank Road to Bahria Town. The project will streamline traffic density on Defense Road right from Mohlanwal Junction at Multan Road.
Being the spacious one, the project will save precious time of the people and the masses will get rid of routine traffic-jams at Shahkam Chowk which is the ‘Gateway to Bahria Town’. Lahore, already known for its flyovers, is about to get huge benefits from proposed Shahkam Flyover.
Benefits of Shahkam Flyover
- Smooth functioning of traffic system
- Lower traffic density at the square
- Least probability of occurrence of road accidents
- Savings of time and fuel because of fluent traffic
- Uninterrupted and safe drive during rains and adverse weather conditions
- Safe route for heavy traffic down the flyover
Nearly 36 percent decrease in environmental pollution that is being caused by vehicles with their engines turned on while waiting in the queues for long